Garden

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Homemade tomato sauce


 It's tomato season. And I made tomato sauce.  It's something I've always wanted to do. Like skydiving.
Here it is in pictures. It's really not an exact science.
Start with tomatoes, garlic, onions and olive oil. Roast the whole lot, blend and freeze.
(or can if you can. :)

I can't claim these were my garden tomatoes unfortunately. Mine are ripening in a nice gradual way which means I get to enjoy some every day but not in large quantities.


Garlic that my brother grew. I'm so proud.
Drizzle in olive oil and wrap in tin foil. Bake.



 I roasted them at 400 for about 1 hour.  It smelled amazing.




Mmm... roasted garlic. A whole new world has just opened up.




This stuff is going to be great on spaghetti, in chili, lasagna... Mmmm. 


Like how Sophie's toy photobombed that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment